I just read an article in Entrepreneur Magazine about “10 small business marketing strategies that actually work.” I like the article, partly because it mirrors what I say. Here are the bullet points of each strategy, but go to the article to read the whole thing:
1. Know how to target your audience. This has good advice on knowing your audience. I also offer a free module in my “Local SEO 101” training. Click the link to start the free module today.
2. Leverage cold email marketing. Yes, it’s difficult to email someone out of the blue and not have it come across as being salesy. So, think of ways that you can add value before asking for the sale. Do you have a video or blog post that they may be interested in (hint, this is another good reason to have a blog)?
3. Advertise your business online. This is absolutely necessary now. Period.
4. Use influencers to build awareness. I’ll admit, I don’t know much about this myself so read the article for more insight here.
5. Connect with local businesses. We are finally getting back to being able to meet in person, so read the book “How To Get Exploding Referrals” to help get you primed for in-person networking.
7. Offer incentives and discounts. Some business can’t, but for those who can…
8. Build an email list. Again, absolutely necessary.
9. Invest in search engine optimization (SEO). This is number 9? I’m sure that was a mistake 🙂 Contact us today to see how SEO can help your business.
10. Blog about the latest trends and events related to your business niche. Blogging is a great way to get higher in the search engines.
Don't SWEAT the TECH - Local SEO made easy!