Success does not happen by chance, it takes planning.
It doesn’t matter if that success is in business, relationships, career, or your life in general. But planning for success is not as difficult as it seems. There are five basic steps to plan for a successful life:
- Determine why you want to do it. What is your motivating factor? Don’t say money, that is too fleeting. Find a real why behind what you want to do.
- What are your core values? Figure out what your values are. If you do not, you may find yourself doing something or working somewhere that has different values. Most people that don’t like their jobs have different core values than the companies they work for.
- What is your mission? What are you doing? Think of someone asking you what your personal mission is, what would be your answer?
- Develop your strategic vision. Where do you want to be in X amount of time? Be specific. Describe the house, condo or apartment you will be in, your car, who you will be with, what your relationship will be like. What job and position will you have?
- Develop your strategy to get from where you are now to where you are going. Determine milestones, and action steps toward each milestone. What is one thing you can do today to get one step closer?
And if you need help, go to www.webishops.com. There is a free video on each of these steps waiting for you under the Success Planning series.